Easy homemade flatbreads
Cooking delicious, healthy food should be more Mmmm than hard slog. Like this amazing, simple flatbread or tortilla recipe, using only three basic ingredients.
250g plain flour, 5g salt, 150ml cold water
- mix ingredients in bowl, to form a dough.
- Turn out onto lightly floured surface and knead, being careful not to overflour.
- Cut into 8 portions and leave to rest for 30 mins.
- Heat non-stick frying pan on high.
- Have a clean tea towel handy to keep your freshly cooked flatbreads warm.
- Take each portion and go around as if it were a clock, gently pulling dough out and then folding to the centre; until you have a neat round.
- Carefully roll out to create a lovely thin, round, flatbread.
- Place flatbread in very hot pan. Bubbles will form: watch closely to ensure it doesn’t burn. When cooked, remove with spatula and wrap in tea towel whilst you cook the rest.
- It’s easier to roll flatbreads into wraps when warm. You can reheat in a warmish oven (120° C)
These flatbreads are incredibly versatile. Use to create fantastic wraps using smokeyish Moorish and crisp salad; to take to work or liven up those kids’ lunchboxes. Try simple flavours and bright colours; such as Moorish with crunchy carrot, ripe tomatoes and baby spinach.