More-ish Crab Bites
Perfect easy nibbles to serve with drinks
454g cooked crabmeat, fresh or tinned
80g dried breadcrumbs
20g Moorish Zingy-ish Lemon and Dill Humous
1 egg beaten
2 tsp Dijon mustard
2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1Tbsp chopped parsley
¼ tsp hot pepper sauce
4 Tbsp vegetable oil
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper
- Mix together in a bowl 20g of the breadcrumbs, Moorish Zingy-ish Lemon and Dill Humous, egg, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, hot pepper sauce and parsley.
- Add the crabmeat and mix gently until all ingredients are combined
- Take a teaspoon and divide the mixture into 20 small portions. Shape each portion into a small cake.
- Spread the remaining breadcrumbs in a shallow dish
- Coat the cakes evenly with the breadcrumbs and transfer to the lined baking tray
- Refrigerate for 15 minutes to firm up
- In a large frying pan, heat the oil over a medium-high heat
- Add the cakes and cook until the undersides are golden brown 2-3 minutes. Flip the cakes and cook on the other side until golden brown about 2 minutes more.
- Transfer to a paper towel to drain briefly
- Serve in a dish alongside Moorish Garlic-ish Aioli