Roasted butternut squash, pepper and lentil soup with a deliciously Devilish twist
(Serves 2-3 as main course)
Be naughty. Let them BELIEVE you’ve spent ages precisely chopping and grating; when actually this healthy, fresh soup pretty much cooks itself. Just smile and feel inwardly smug.
1 butternut squash halved; 2 peppers, deseeded and roughly chopped; 1 red onion, sliced; 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil; 1 tin tomatoes; 1 tsp bouillon powder; 100g dried red lentils; 300ml cold water; 80g Devilish Moorish
- Put the butternut squash, onion and peppers into a baking dish and toss them in the olive oil.
- Bake at 180oC degrees for 45 mins, covering with foil half way through cooking, if blackening too quickly.too black around the edges.
- Remove the roasted vegetables from the oven, peel off butternut skin (it’s easy but watch your fingers!) and transfer to a large saucepan.
- Add tomatoes, lentils, bouillon powder and water.
- Bring to the boil, then reduce to a simmer for 30 minutes.
- Remove from heat and whizz smooth using a hand-held blender.
- Stir through Devilish Moorish Smoked Humous with Chilli Harissa; and serve with crusty bread.
Use Devilish Moorish Smoked Humous to add an aromatic and smokey warm hug to whatever you’re cooking; or serve with anything from jacket potatoes to barbeque.