If you have a little pirate, sailor or beach lover, or just for a little fun, these little boats are a lot less fiddly than they look. Experiment with different ship-building materials.
Crunchy crudite vegetables, ideally in mix colours – such as celery, peppers, tomatoes
The thickest cucumber you can find (for the sails)
Smokeyish Moorish (or any variety your kids enjoy)
- Cut boat-like shapes, and trim the bottoms flat
- To make the sails, cut a 5-6cm chunk for the cucumber. Stand on white end and slice down centre with sharp knife. Slice again just a mm or two away to create a thin sail.
- Place a dollop of humous into each boat
- Thread the edge of a sail on to a stick and fold slightly, before piercing at the other side of the sail
- Stick in the boat and arrange to make a “floatilla”
Smokeyish Moorish is a great way to add a unique smoked twist to your everyday cooking.