Smokey -ish Burger
500g lean beef mince
¼ bunch flat leaf parsley chopped
I Tbsp tomato puree
2 Tbsp soy sauce
2 Tbsp tomato ketchup
1 Tbsp Moorish Smokey Humous
1 egg, beaten
2 onions sliced
- In a bowl mix the mince and parsley. Then add tomato puree, soy sauce, tomato ketchup, egg, Moorish Smokey Humous and breadcrumbs
- Season with salt and pepper
- Divide the mixture into 6 and shape the patties, then refrigerate until needed
- Melt the butter in a pan. Add the onions and salt and cook for around 20 minutes until golden and sticky
- In a separate pan, heat vegetable oil. Brown the burgers on both sides. Reduce the heat and cook for around 7 minutes until they are cooked through.
- Remove from the heat
- Slice 6 rolls, ciabatta or brioche. Spread one half of each roll with Moorish Smokey Humous then layer with tomato, burger before topping with the caramelised onions. Sandwich both halves together and serve straight away.